My grade 12 English teacher once indicated that my writing was like a white water rafting adventure instead of a smooth paddle on a calm lake. I didn’t see anything wrong with that. I still don’t.
About Alphabet Soup
It’s a love affair with Africa, about here and there, and the spaces in between. It’s the exploration of physical landscapes and the emotional geography that unfolds the map in new directions each day. Oblivious to elevation, time zones and temperature, the questions that arise in those journeys become answers here, in the company of words.
My Trivial Pursuit Categories
- Volunteering in Uganda, the Congo and Costa Rica
- How to eat camel, piranha, termites, grasshoppers, goat testicles, guinea pig and beer made with oyster juice and peppercorns
- Most Unusual Places to Sleep in the World (ice hotels, jungle huts, desert, Masai villages)
- Luxe spas, wellness retreats, quirky massage treatments and alternative health care
- Jane Goodall and Dian Fossey
- Chimpanzees, The Galapagos Islands, golden retrievers, Northern Exposure, indie beers, Meryl Streep movies, travel lit, Jann Arden lyrics, blue footed boobies and sometimes Sasquatch
#Free to a Good Home #Belize, #red-footed boobies, #duck poutine pizza, #Madagascar, #Madison Violet, #tracking my sister’s 4 month trek across _________ (fill in the blank), #Burning Kiln Winery, #chimps, #Sukho Thai, #Cornell Orinthology Program?, #much, much of the unknown more!